suddenly I got the chance to present some of my artwork in a really lovely gallery in one of the prettiest parts of Bremen, the Schnoor (local dialect for “Schnur” meaning “line” or”string”, since the streets are so narrow and the houses tiny and unique like pearls – this was the fishermen´s quarter years and years ago), very much frequented by tourists.
For me, this is quite something! So, for the next two months, my stuff can be seen amongst other brilliant and memorable pieces of really talented artists in an absolutely gorgeous building, and I will be there in person once a week to welcome visitors (and buyers 😉 ).
The other artists I met so far are very nice and helpful, and my first day there was absolutely enjoyable, chatting (to mainly englishspeaking) visitors and tourists, all very polite and friendly.
So if you happen to be in town, come around 🙂
This is “my wall”:
This is my handmade improvised callingcard holder…
The entrance area, my soapstone-mask on the desk for a day.
This mixed media work is finally finished. I enjoyed working on it, it is a bit different from the stuff I usually do or think about doing, and therefore I am even more content about the outcome. Sticking to same old (working/painting)-routine is something I dislike, from time to time there has to be a challenge, something new to wrap your mind around – the process can be tricky but usually rewarding as such.
So this piece is finally finished. I had to restrain myself because one could actually go on and on and on, adding one more colorful scrap of paper and another one as the process is quite hypnotic and really fun.
But it is enough now, and I am content with the result…
so this is another piece of work in progress while “space jungle” is propped up at the easle to look at and contemplate how to go on… This one – working title “color puzzle”- is another one of those upcycled ones put away and pulled up again, somehow that seems to fit my mood these days and trigger my flow. And I still am fond of layering. Well, we´ll see how this one progresses…I do like to have two or more artsy projects in the making to get inspired by one when working on the other, and to combat getting stuck alltogether (which usually happens at one point).
as predicted, my latest mixed media collage did not take long to finish. I added some (pieces) of leaves and some more subtle layers of paper and paint. I am quite content with the end result even though the colours suggest autumn rather than the upcoming spring – but I feel, with the fiery lively red, it sure will do.
“fragile” / mixed media collage. 25x25cm
This one, with the working title “space jungle”, is another piece started some time ago, put aside, worked on a bit, put aside and so on… I get back to it in between, add scraps and paint, let it rest …not the easiest painting I worked on so far, we´ll see where it goes. It´s 50x60cm, so quite a bit of “space” to cover.
it´s a bit slow over here … been unwell for some weeks, not up to anything “special” but somehow always mucking around with one or the other little artsy project to stay sane. This is a small mixed media piece I am working on at present. What I like about it is that it´s one of those “upcycled” pieces – I started it a long time ago, left it at some point because I could not really “get into it” somehow, then some day gave it another try by splattering on some more paint…to realise there still was no feeling of “oh I know what to to with this” at all… until yesterday when I started to put some layers of thin paperscraps, printed napkins and acrylic paint on it and finally feel that I can and want to go on with this.
It measures 25x25cm, so not too big …and hopefully “done” in an agreeable timespan 😉
I´ve been working on some collages again, the work in blue tones with the mighty eagle was a present to be used as a cover for a calendar / agenda (which was well received). For this work, I used all kinds of paper with as much structure I could get my hands on, and obviously also some scraps from newspapers / magazines that somehow fittet in the composition I had in mind. For glueing, I used some acrylic binder which gave the overall work a nice rough “DIY” feeling.
The other two are some simple journals I buy & use regularily. I made a habit of putting some colour on those dull covers.